Every year, they run a special program in the summer called Summer Games to attract kids and other family members to their centers. As part of this program promotion, Bowlero Corp had developed a website and ran a marketing campaign for this program for about 45 days before the start of the summer. With the proliferation of smartphones and the rapid adoption of mobile technologies in the consumer space, Bowlero Corp needed to keep up to its customer demands and decided to migrate to a new Point of Sale system.
The user experience on the website was painfully slow which led to a high abandonment rate and thereby lost revenue.
Bowlero Corp chose AhaApps for their out-of-the-box thinking. AhaApps recommended ways to improve processes and user experience for their Summer Games Application that delivered the following:
- Increased client-side functionality while giving a faster and more robust user experience.
- Eliminated scrolling while maintaining marketing requirements by using the Single Page Application technique.
- Simplified POS integration decreasing activities to 2 button clicks for most transactions.
- Automatic integration with their existing financial system.
- Centralized Database that would allow for better reporting to C-Suite.
- Reduced response time and improved user experience through SOA Architecture that made passes purchased online available immediately.
- Reduced Customer Service Call Volume due to simplified user experience..
- AhaApps recreated the App using SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) and PA (Single Page Architecture) model resulting in an improved application
- Revenue jumped from $1million to $3+million. With improved user experience, the user abandonment rate dropped and revenue increased for Bowlero Corp.
- Improved overall customer experience with wait times reduced from days to seconds. With our solution, Bowlmor
AMF customers could buy the Summer Games pass and walk in the next minute to utilize the pass as opposed to
waiting for a couple of days like they did in the past years.
- Customer support calls reduced by 90%. Easier Pass management delivered by AhaApps allowed Bowlero Corp
customers to use self-service portals which in turn reduced calls to their support team.
- Integrated seamlessly into the financial system enabling better reporting to C-Suite. This allowed executives to
see the bigger picture and make informed business decisions for Bowlero Corp.
AhaApps demonstrated value to Bowlero Corp by showing them ways to harness the power of technology to improve their business functions.
The ‘aha!’ moment
‘As the director of the Bowlero Corp PMO I needed to engage a highly reliable, responsive, and affordable on-shore/ off-shore business partner to deliver custom application projects in support of BAMF business strategy objectives.
Rapid collaborative, iterative development along with reliable post-implementation support were paramount considerations for the engagement, as was affordability and overall value. Throughout the term of the several month engagements, AhaApps’ team performed stellar work using an agile approach, effectively integrating offshore and on-shore ‘collocated’ team members with IT and business partners.
AhaApps’ deep technical expertise, much of which was deployed on-site, impressively addressed the inevitable architectural hurdles and covered some of our exposed capability gaps. The team also expertly provided key knowledge transfer to support personnel and left us in a position to provide world-class support for our business.
AhaApps was a fantastic partner, and I look forward to working with them again!’
-Director of the Bowlero Corp PMOTalk with our experts