Let’s talk about good data
Data, data everywhere…this should be the slogan for our times. With every second generating a new piece of data, it becomes integral to manage it well. One of the essential factors contributing towards the prevalence of Microsoft Dynamics 365 is its good data management feature. Bad data can cause hassles and hamper your relationships with your clients. Managing it efficiently in Microsoft Dynamics 365 should be the first item on your list.
Dealing with data in Dynamics 365
Microsoft Dynamics 365 comes with several tools to help you manage data and one of them is auditing. A feature which allows you to track changes made to data in Dynamics 365.
One of the ways to get better data is to ensure that data imports are well-planned. This averts duplication, cuts confusion and increases the popularity of your Dynamics 365.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is equipped Import Data Wizard, a tool to make imports a breeze. Supported files include .csv, .txt, .xml, and .xlsx.
And for those that are more comfortable with spreadsheets, exporting data in Excel is the preferred option.
Data management overview
- Data entity is a conceptual abstraction and encapsulation of one of more underlying tables.
- A data entity represents a common data concept or functionality.
- Data entities supposed to be understood by users familiar with business concepts.
- After data entities are created, they can be reused through the Excel Add-in,
- They can also be used to define import/export packages, or for integrations
- With the help of data management framework reference, master, and document data from legacy or external systems can be migrated.
- During migration, only the selected entities can be migrated.
- In migration, data entities can be moved straight from one system to another, without having to go through Excel, or XML.
- Data migrations can be scheduled using a batch.
- In case of an import error during migration, selected records can be skipped and the process can be continued with the good data.
Keeping data clean
Keeping data clean in Microsoft Dynamics 365 can be a daunting task and quite a challenging one.
You may come across duplicate records in your database, but with the Duplication Detection Wizard in Microsoft Dynamics 365, you can identify the records that need to be kept, used or done away with.
When using Microsoft Dynamics 365, there are numerous ways that we can check to make sure the data being entered is right, starting from simple things like formatting phone numbers or dates to forcing certain records into queues for next level review and approval.
Every company wants to have a 365-degree view of their clients and their buying pattern. With Dynamics 365, the holistic view of the client is provided. This is a single platform with all the applications you need run your business with sitting on a common data model so they integrate with each other impeccably.
Common Data Service storage capacity
The volume of data has grown exponentially over the last few years as organizations progress in their digital transformation expeditions.
To support the growing needs of today’s organizations, data storage solutions need to evolve continuously and provide the right solution to support expanding business needs.
The new data management release has been optimized for database storage, attachments, and audit Logs. There are now three types of storage: Database, File, and Log.
Its scalable, adaptable, supports different kinds of data and flexible to new environments.